SUSTAINABLE ENVIRONMENTAL AND COMMUNITY BENEFITS
Creating an enviable and lush environment, achieving the highest level of subtropical building in Brisbane.
Midtown Centre is 35% more water efficient than a conventional building.
Midtown Centre’s environmental efficiency reflects a 37% CO reduction compared to a new build.
Midtown Centre is 231% more environmentally friendly compared to a demolish and new build scenario.
Than a conventional building.
Construction is committed to minimising construction and demolition waste.
Over Australian Standards. On-floor A/C with perimeter and internal zone control.
the first COVID-19 responsive building in Brisbane
- Tenants have the ability to design and build a “COVID-19 safe” floorplan by spacing desks 1.5 metres apart (density of
1 person per 12sqm).
- Midtown Centre provides 50% additional outside (fresh) air supply over the Australian Standards minimum (11.25 litres per second per person compared to the minimum requirement of 7.5 litres per second per person).
- Installation of UV filters on the base building air handling units which reduces bacteria and air contaminants in the air by 99.7%.
- Automated glass louvered window system which enables fresh air flow through the mixed mode areas.
- Keyless / touchless main entry and thoroughfare points.
- Sensor taps to building amenities including end-of-trip (EOT).
- Automated and touchless door entries to EOT / Wellness facilities
“I think that Midtown Centre must be the first COVID-responsive office building in Brisbane. I think it’s an exemplar, I think it’s a benchmark.”
Karl Fender, OAM - Fender Katsalidis
Club style end-of-trip
Midtown Centre’s end-of-trip facility is designed to support active transport options and the wellbeing of its occupants. Located on Level 3, the well-considered club-style environment
features a “Chill Out Zone”.